Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Initiation by fire!

What a day I have had!
Lilli was up at 3:00 for no particular reason.
Audrey awoke at 6:30 with a 105 temperature. Her doctor instructed me to take her to the ER.
I called my friend Denise to ask if I could drop Lilli off and she could give her a ride to pre-school, she said "of course" so I packed up Lilli's school Bag, woke Ben to tell him he needed to walk to school, and started to walk out the door.
Lilli decided she needed to go to the bathroom and ran down the hall...but didn't make it to the potty. So now I have peepee on the floor and a screaming sick baby...
So I get Audrey to the ER where they attenpted to start an IV in her arms, hands, feet, and finally in her scalp!, catheterized her bladder and did a chest x-ray...so it turns out she has pneumonia! Poor thing...she never fussed once, the ONLY sign was the fever.
Meanwhile, my friend Denise is getting sicker by the minute. I knew she was not feeling well yesterday but now she is coughing and wheezing...I told her to go to urgent care and I would meet her there to pick up her son before I got Lilli from school.
So I leave the ER, pick up Bryce, drop off Audrey's prescription and head to Lilli's school.
I'm sitting in carpool and the carpool attendant walks a cute little blonde girl over to my car. I explained that she was not my daughter, but that if she was quiet, sweet and well-mannered we might could work something out...LOL
Once they retrieved MY darling Lilli we headed back to the pharmacy.
We are sitting in the drive through and Lilli says "baby sissa throwed up". Bryce said "No, throw up is red, this is white". I said "Did she throw up a lot or just spit up a little milk?" Lilli said it was just some milk so I dismissed it.
Bryce announced that he and Lilli had bumped heads that morning and he had a nose bleed. (Poor Denise!!!)
Well, we finally got back to the house. I went to get Audrey and she had indeed thrown up all over herself, the carseat, the car....I won't go into too much detail, but you get the picture!
I lifted carseat and all, ran a bath for her and got her undressed. She promptly peed on me (as if on cue)
So now I have puke and pee everywhere (including on me) the house is a disaster, and I am hosting the FCC Board Meeting here in 2 hours! I think I'm gonna go have a drink now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And people think the life of a stay home mom is low stress....yeah, right!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home