Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm Speechless....Really...I'm ALL out of words!

Today, I think I have officially, for the first time in my life, used up all my words. I have nothing left to say or make comments about. Zero. Zip. Zilch! Ask me a question, I have no answer. Ask my opinion about something; I will just give you a blank stare. There is nothing left in my head today....nothing, but a tried, over-worked brain.

I thought my days as an RN in surgery required great mental capacity and agility! But it's only 3:30pm and my brain feels like it did after a long 12 hour shift! Thankfully nobody died here today, but it sure feels like my brain did!

I have had a particular little shadow ALL day long, full of questions and comments requiring answers. The questions and comments range anywhere from being offered organizing tips, cooking advice, hints on making things look nicer around the kitchen and table-wiping recommendations to inquiries into everything I'm doing today, what I did yesterday and what I plan on doing tomorrow. Oh, and what my plans are for next month too. I've been asked why I made my breakfast the way I made it today, been asked 5 times if I like the weather God has given us today, and have heard every possible curiosity one could have on the art of laundry.

I've been told that I move "very fast around my kitchen" when I'm cooking dinner and then asked why would someone want to move around their kitchen so fast when making dinner? I've been asked to choose between the red crayon and the blue crayon and if I believe the doggie stamp would look nicer than the bird stamp on a picture. The red scissors are missing today, so I have been asked 3 times where they could have possibly gone and I've been told very officially that the green scissors are the only ones we have right now and they will just "have to do."

Sigh.

My head hurts. My tongue is tired. And I think my brain feels numb, but I wouldn't really know that because my brain's too numb to know. And to add insult to my brain injury, I have been trying to get my cup of coffee in my body ALL day long! Please, don't ask me why......

I am living with a 30 year old woman in a 4 year old body. And she's officially made me use up all my words for the day. My poor dear husband will come home from work and his wife won't have anything to say. Not one word left in her heavy, weary, tired brain. (He actually might be thankful since tonight is the College Football National Championship Game!)

Anybody have any chocolate?

Chocolate is CPR for the mommy brain and my mommy brain has officially flat-lined..........

Mommyhood - it isn't for whimps! But I wouldn’t trade it for the WORLD!

2 Comments:

Blogger Double Double Happiness said...

Tyla,

Your post is too funny!!! Pete and I prayed and prayed for Grace and Halli to start talking. Well...it never stops. I felt really bad yesterday because I sternly asked Halli to, "please be quiet and watch TV," when she asked me what I was doing and why DaDa was standing on a chair in our kitchen..." Its a long story.

I can't wait to see more posts.

JJ, Grace and Halli

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyla, you should submit this entry to Guidepost, Reader's Digest or something similiar. What a well written piece on the "joys" of motherhood, or parenting in general. The only problem with your blog is that you do not update it often enough, but we will forgive you, given the circumstances. We love all y'all.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home