The joys of motherhood!
Tonight Ben’s baseball team played their first game. It was a heartbreaker! We were up 8 to 5 but they came back to win in the bottom of the ninth…bummer.
But not the mother of all bummers mind you…no, that was the thought I had to make it a family affair. I was going to take the girls and Harold was going to meet us at the game.
It was about a 45 minute drive. Lilli whined the entire time and Audrey followed suit.
I thought, well…Harold can take them home in his car and I can have a nice peaceful drive home. Then I realized that both the car seats for his car were in the garage when I left! Mistake? I think not!
By the bottom of the seventh, Harold was still at work so I told him not to bother coming since he would not make it in time.
Lilli was not whiny anymore, but she talked the ENTIRE way home. Here is a SMALL excerpt:
Lilli: Mommy, I want to go to a barn and see animals
Mom: Well, I’ll have to see where we can find one.
Lilli: I want to see a dinosaur. Do they live at the barn?
Mom: No Lilli, the dinosaurs all died a long time ago.
Lilli: Why did they die?
Mom: Well, they say a meteor hit the earth and it caused the sun to be blocked so the plants could not grow and the dinosaurs could not eat.
Lilli: What do dinosaurs eat?
Mom: Some ate meat and some ate plants.
Lilli: Plants! That’s funny! Meat….well, I could give them some chicken nuggets and maybe a corndog!
Mom: Well, it’s nice of you to share your food, but there are no more dinosaurs to feed.
Lilli: Feed, that rhymes with seed.
Mom: That’s right.
Lilli: What rhymes with go?
Mom: Slow
Lilli: Fast, does that rhyme with slow?
Mom: No, fast and slow are opposite.
Lilli: Oh, like big and small, short and tall, dark and light.
Mom: VERY good Lilli!
Audrey: EAT
Mom: Lilli, hand Audrey a cracker.
Lilli: Cracker, cookie…does that rhyme?
Mom: No
Lilli: Are they opposite?
Mom: No, they are both things you eat.
Lilli: What rhymes with cracker?
Mom: Don’t know Lilli, Mom needs to drive, can we be quiet for a few minutes?
Lilli: No
Audrey: No, no, no
Audrey: Hey, Yay
Lilli: AUDREY MADE A RHYME!
Mom: Yes she did! Good job Audrey!
Audrey: EAT
Mom: Lilli, can you hand Audrey a cracker
(Lilli gets tired of handing Audrey crackers so she gives her the bag!)
(Mom hears the bag empty all over the car)
Lilli: Sorry Mom….oops, I burped, it was a mistake, excuse me.
Mom: That’s OK Lilli, thank you for using good manners
Lilli: Did Jesus make us burp?
Mom: What do you mean?
Lilli: Jesus made our bodies so they burp so why is it not polite?
(Her Dad would be so proud!)
Lilli: I don’t want to die and live with Jesus up to Heaven.
Mom: Don’t worry, you won’t go live in Heaven for a long time.
Lilli: Are the dinosaurs up to heaven?
Mom: I guess they are Lilli.
Lilli: Mom…
Mom: Yes Lilli
Lilli: Are we almost home?
Mom: About ten more minutes (thinking…NOT SOON ENOUGH!)
Lilli: Will we beat Daddy home?
Mom: No, he will be home (thinking….If we beat him home I may beat him when he gets home!)
Lilli: Mom..
Mom: Yes Lilli
Lilli: Can I have a pet?
Mom: No Lilli, pets are a big responsibility and right now I have you and Audrey and that’s about all I can handle.
Lilli: But Bryce has a cat
Mom: Well, we are not getting a pet right now, maybe when you are older.
Lilli: Mei Li has a cat
Mom: We are not getting a cat right now.
Lilli: Where was Mei Li when we had to feed her cat?
Mom: She was in Mexico on vacation.
Lilli: MEXICO! We went to Mexico!
Mom: No Lilli, we did not go to Mexico.
Lilli: YES WE DID!!!
Mom: No, we went to China, Georgia, Pennsylvania, but not Mexico.
Lilli: YES MOM, We go to Mexico with Ms Benice
Mom: OH, that’s a Mexican restaurant, not the country
Lilli: Mom…I’m having a bad day!
Mom: (thinking…DITTO!) I’m sorry Lilli
We’ve been home now for an hour…but noooooooo Daddy!
I’m thinking of booking myself a trip to Mexico!
Ahhhhhhhhh lying on the beach with a nice pool boy bringing me beer after beer!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want to contribute, I accept cash, checks or pay pal!
But not the mother of all bummers mind you…no, that was the thought I had to make it a family affair. I was going to take the girls and Harold was going to meet us at the game.
It was about a 45 minute drive. Lilli whined the entire time and Audrey followed suit.
I thought, well…Harold can take them home in his car and I can have a nice peaceful drive home. Then I realized that both the car seats for his car were in the garage when I left! Mistake? I think not!
By the bottom of the seventh, Harold was still at work so I told him not to bother coming since he would not make it in time.
Lilli was not whiny anymore, but she talked the ENTIRE way home. Here is a SMALL excerpt:
Lilli: Mommy, I want to go to a barn and see animals
Mom: Well, I’ll have to see where we can find one.
Lilli: I want to see a dinosaur. Do they live at the barn?
Mom: No Lilli, the dinosaurs all died a long time ago.
Lilli: Why did they die?
Mom: Well, they say a meteor hit the earth and it caused the sun to be blocked so the plants could not grow and the dinosaurs could not eat.
Lilli: What do dinosaurs eat?
Mom: Some ate meat and some ate plants.
Lilli: Plants! That’s funny! Meat….well, I could give them some chicken nuggets and maybe a corndog!
Mom: Well, it’s nice of you to share your food, but there are no more dinosaurs to feed.
Lilli: Feed, that rhymes with seed.
Mom: That’s right.
Lilli: What rhymes with go?
Mom: Slow
Lilli: Fast, does that rhyme with slow?
Mom: No, fast and slow are opposite.
Lilli: Oh, like big and small, short and tall, dark and light.
Mom: VERY good Lilli!
Audrey: EAT
Mom: Lilli, hand Audrey a cracker.
Lilli: Cracker, cookie…does that rhyme?
Mom: No
Lilli: Are they opposite?
Mom: No, they are both things you eat.
Lilli: What rhymes with cracker?
Mom: Don’t know Lilli, Mom needs to drive, can we be quiet for a few minutes?
Lilli: No
Audrey: No, no, no
Audrey: Hey, Yay
Lilli: AUDREY MADE A RHYME!
Mom: Yes she did! Good job Audrey!
Audrey: EAT
Mom: Lilli, can you hand Audrey a cracker
(Lilli gets tired of handing Audrey crackers so she gives her the bag!)
(Mom hears the bag empty all over the car)
Lilli: Sorry Mom….oops, I burped, it was a mistake, excuse me.
Mom: That’s OK Lilli, thank you for using good manners
Lilli: Did Jesus make us burp?
Mom: What do you mean?
Lilli: Jesus made our bodies so they burp so why is it not polite?
(Her Dad would be so proud!)
Lilli: I don’t want to die and live with Jesus up to Heaven.
Mom: Don’t worry, you won’t go live in Heaven for a long time.
Lilli: Are the dinosaurs up to heaven?
Mom: I guess they are Lilli.
Lilli: Mom…
Mom: Yes Lilli
Lilli: Are we almost home?
Mom: About ten more minutes (thinking…NOT SOON ENOUGH!)
Lilli: Will we beat Daddy home?
Mom: No, he will be home (thinking….If we beat him home I may beat him when he gets home!)
Lilli: Mom..
Mom: Yes Lilli
Lilli: Can I have a pet?
Mom: No Lilli, pets are a big responsibility and right now I have you and Audrey and that’s about all I can handle.
Lilli: But Bryce has a cat
Mom: Well, we are not getting a pet right now, maybe when you are older.
Lilli: Mei Li has a cat
Mom: We are not getting a cat right now.
Lilli: Where was Mei Li when we had to feed her cat?
Mom: She was in Mexico on vacation.
Lilli: MEXICO! We went to Mexico!
Mom: No Lilli, we did not go to Mexico.
Lilli: YES WE DID!!!
Mom: No, we went to China, Georgia, Pennsylvania, but not Mexico.
Lilli: YES MOM, We go to Mexico with Ms Benice
Mom: OH, that’s a Mexican restaurant, not the country
Lilli: Mom…I’m having a bad day!
Mom: (thinking…DITTO!) I’m sorry Lilli
We’ve been home now for an hour…but noooooooo Daddy!
I’m thinking of booking myself a trip to Mexico!
Ahhhhhhhhh lying on the beach with a nice pool boy bringing me beer after beer!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want to contribute, I accept cash, checks or pay pal!

2 Comments:
ROFLMAO!! T, you are a masterful writer with the Cox wierd sense of humor. I am proud of you. You have the patience of Job with those girls (most of the time at least).They are such wonderful kids and bring us much joy in our "old age" DAD
Tyla,
This is my Lilly to a T - and she's 6! Her favorite way to begin a conversation is "Mom, what if..?" Then she can ask me any ol thing in the entire universe and I'm expected to immediately think of the proper answer, subject to much argument. If you get to go to that beach, call me and I'll go with!
Patti C.
Post a Comment
<< Home