It's about darn time!!!
OK...I've been slack with the blog lately. Life has been crazy busy since Christmas!
When I was younger, I made my mom a key chain that read "If a mother's place is in the home, why am I always in the car?" How true that is!!! I am always taking the kids somewhere! Ben is doing lighting/sound for another school play and is playing baseball. Lilli is in ballet and both girls go to playgroup. Then little Miss Audrey has her doctor's appointments and such. Just another time to truly appreciate my mom. Thanks Mom!
Audrey has about 4 more weeks in her shoes/bar full-time. After that she will only need it at night. We take it of her for 1-2 hours per day and she LOVES her free time. She is pulling up very well and is starting to walk with assistance. She looks like a German soldier marching. She picks her legs up really high and holds them there a second or two...it is hilarious! Harold will take a video of it tonight and then we will try to figure out how to load it on here.
We are building a new house about three miles from our current one. I really wanted a one-story house. I must go up and down the stairs 500 times a day and am so looking forward to the change! Our new home is a plan that can have 3-5 bedrooms plus a bonus room. We are opting to use one room as an office (not add a closet) and one room as a playroom for the girls. We will leave the room that sits between their rooms as an open play area rather than closing it off into another room. We are adding a bonus room upstairs with a closet and full bath. This will serve as Ben's "teen suite". All other rooms are downstairs. YAY!!!!!!!! We hope to be in the house this fall.
Austin had an ice storm a few weeks ago. Reminded me of my days in Georgia! The morning it was coming Ben watched the kids and my friend Denise and I headed to the grocery store for milk and bread. In Georgia, the shelves would have been bare and I would have ended up with some whole grain nutty bread that the kids would rather starve than eat, and the milk...forget it! Not so in Texas...plenty of milk and bread...but if you want a nacho chip you can forget about it! When I got to the snack isle there was not a chip to be had! I guess if you are snowed in out here, you better have your beer and nachos, not milk and bread...I still have much to learn about life as a Texan!
Here is our snowman!
And here are some icicles hanging from our porch!
And of course a post would not be complete without pictures of my beautiful babies!

When I was younger, I made my mom a key chain that read "If a mother's place is in the home, why am I always in the car?" How true that is!!! I am always taking the kids somewhere! Ben is doing lighting/sound for another school play and is playing baseball. Lilli is in ballet and both girls go to playgroup. Then little Miss Audrey has her doctor's appointments and such. Just another time to truly appreciate my mom. Thanks Mom!
Audrey has about 4 more weeks in her shoes/bar full-time. After that she will only need it at night. We take it of her for 1-2 hours per day and she LOVES her free time. She is pulling up very well and is starting to walk with assistance. She looks like a German soldier marching. She picks her legs up really high and holds them there a second or two...it is hilarious! Harold will take a video of it tonight and then we will try to figure out how to load it on here.
We are building a new house about three miles from our current one. I really wanted a one-story house. I must go up and down the stairs 500 times a day and am so looking forward to the change! Our new home is a plan that can have 3-5 bedrooms plus a bonus room. We are opting to use one room as an office (not add a closet) and one room as a playroom for the girls. We will leave the room that sits between their rooms as an open play area rather than closing it off into another room. We are adding a bonus room upstairs with a closet and full bath. This will serve as Ben's "teen suite". All other rooms are downstairs. YAY!!!!!!!! We hope to be in the house this fall.
Austin had an ice storm a few weeks ago. Reminded me of my days in Georgia! The morning it was coming Ben watched the kids and my friend Denise and I headed to the grocery store for milk and bread. In Georgia, the shelves would have been bare and I would have ended up with some whole grain nutty bread that the kids would rather starve than eat, and the milk...forget it! Not so in Texas...plenty of milk and bread...but if you want a nacho chip you can forget about it! When I got to the snack isle there was not a chip to be had! I guess if you are snowed in out here, you better have your beer and nachos, not milk and bread...I still have much to learn about life as a Texan!
Here is our snowman!
And here are some icicles hanging from our porch!
And of course a post would not be complete without pictures of my beautiful babies!

1 Comments:
Well, finally, an update. (Grin)
We know you have been as busy as a one legged man at a butt kicking contest, so we understand, sort of. We want some video of Audrey taking her first steps. I know, we will cry when we see it, but we still want it. Love to all y'all. Mom & Dad a/k/a Grammy and Paw Paw.
Post a Comment
<< Home