Thursday, November 30, 2006

Finally!

Sorry for the long delay between posts...the flu has been working its way through the family. I have only had the flu twice in my life and they were the only two years that I actually got a flu shot! You all know me so you totally understand that that's the way things go in my life!

I spent the weekend of Nov 17 in the mountains with my girlfriends! It was Shelley's birthday!
Shelley, Allison, Stephanie and I have been best friends for 28 years! Yep, can you believe we met in the hospital nursery! (What do you mean NO?!?)

I left my camera in Allisons car so I have been unable to take and post pictures the past few weeks. I have it now so I'm back in business! (Thanks Allie)

The girls were in the Chuy's Blue Santa Parade (Children giving to Children) here in Austin over the Thanksgiving weekend. The FCC chapter has a float for the girls to ride on in the parade. Audrey and another little one, Pierce, had their own little wagon float. I had to use a disposable camera, but once I have the pictures developed I will scan them and post them. They were so cute!

It was an incredible experience, the streets were lined with families and children whose arms were FILLED with toys to donate to the Blue Santa program. These weren't just any toys either...there were bikes, video systems, play tables, sports equipment, HUGE things, EXPENSIVE things. The parade would stop every few minutes and the children would run out to the collection trucks to fill them with toys. Well, not even halfway through the parade route, the trucks were overflowing and we were asked to assist in collecting toys too. So then the children would run up to our float and hand their donations up to our girls. Harold and I were amazed at the outpouring and both stood in the street with tears in our eyes. There is goodness in the world! Of course, as we are standing there crying and soaking in the experience, as our hearts are full and we are appreciating the generosity and good will of our fellow citizens, we hear a loud scream above all the commotion...a scream so loud that I'm amazed the glass in the buildings that surrounded us maintained their integrity...yep that's our Lilli! Someone had handed her a Cinderella dress up doll and she wanted it all for herself! We tried to explain that the toys were for needy children..."But I NEED it Mommy, I don't have one of these!" OK..."Lilli these children don't have any toys to play with at all!" "But Mommy, Santa Clause will bring them toys and then they WILL have toys too"....and so the conversation and screaming continued, luckily there were only two blocks left in the parade! We did finally get her off the float without the doll!

Audrey gets her casts off tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to rub those sweet little legs! She will finally have shoes of her own (of course they will be attached to a bar holding her feet into proper position) but maybe she will be so thrilled with her shoes that she won't notice the bar :-)
Hey...let a mom dream!

I'll post pictures tomorrow! Love to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home