Bad Hair Day
OK...so after poking fun of the little blue hair ladies, I am beginning to TOTALLY understand how they got there!
My grays are showing badly! I have not had the time to make a hair appointment. You know, I can't seem to squeeze that in between my stories and naps :)
So today I decided I would color my hair at home. I bought a different brand than normal...it said "multi-tonal...to bring out your natural highlights" sounded good to me!
NOT
Apparently my natural highlights are crayola red! Nope, not a beautiful gold or auburn but seriously...CRAYOLA Red!
So I did what any normal female would do...rushed immediately to my girlfriends house. Good girlfriends are great! They will be totally honest with you AND attempt to assist you in ANY crisis situation. My friend Denise, a beautiful blonde, had a special shampoo that is meant to "tone down" brassy hair, soften color...etc.
OK GREAT!
So the shampoo is PURPLE! But what the heck...may as well go for the rainbow!
Well, it did not help a bit (because it is for blonde hair) so she kept the girls while I rushed to ULTA to buy a toner for brunettes.
I came home, washed my hair and now it is a nice BURGANDY color.
See...that is why the little old ladies are always wearing those rain hats you see at the dollar store. It's NOT to keep their hair in place, it's to hide their hair disasters from the world!
Well...that and the turquoise polyester suits...they are so eye catching you don't notice the pink or blue hair!
It's a good thing it's Halloween...I just look like everyone else. But Tuesday...I'm making an emergency appointment at the salon!
And no...there are no pictures with this post!
My grays are showing badly! I have not had the time to make a hair appointment. You know, I can't seem to squeeze that in between my stories and naps :)
So today I decided I would color my hair at home. I bought a different brand than normal...it said "multi-tonal...to bring out your natural highlights" sounded good to me!
NOT
Apparently my natural highlights are crayola red! Nope, not a beautiful gold or auburn but seriously...CRAYOLA Red!
So I did what any normal female would do...rushed immediately to my girlfriends house. Good girlfriends are great! They will be totally honest with you AND attempt to assist you in ANY crisis situation. My friend Denise, a beautiful blonde, had a special shampoo that is meant to "tone down" brassy hair, soften color...etc.
OK GREAT!
So the shampoo is PURPLE! But what the heck...may as well go for the rainbow!
Well, it did not help a bit (because it is for blonde hair) so she kept the girls while I rushed to ULTA to buy a toner for brunettes.
I came home, washed my hair and now it is a nice BURGANDY color.
See...that is why the little old ladies are always wearing those rain hats you see at the dollar store. It's NOT to keep their hair in place, it's to hide their hair disasters from the world!
Well...that and the turquoise polyester suits...they are so eye catching you don't notice the pink or blue hair!
It's a good thing it's Halloween...I just look like everyone else. But Tuesday...I'm making an emergency appointment at the salon!
And no...there are no pictures with this post!

1 Comments:
I thought you had learned your lesson after using the "Sun-in" in Florida, when you were about 12, and wound up with a head full of "Pumpkin Orange" hair. (Grin.) Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home