A Poem I had to share
I ran across this poem on a waiting child forum and it really touched me.
Our Waiting Child
I've watched my friends go home from here,
to their families, one by one,
Yet here I’ve stayed throughout the year,
Waiting for you to come.
I know that I'm not perfect,
Yet they tell me that I'm bright,
I just wish that you could only look,
past what is wrong, to what is right.
I've watched my friends go home from here,
I dream of how that'd feel,
A pair of loving arms to hold me,
Will this dream ever become real?
I know that I would be home by now,
If not for fears of the unknown,
Yet I have many of my own you see,
In that you're not alone.
I've watched my friends go home from here,
It's happening today,
But wait! There’s someone here for ME!
I don't know what to say.
I've watched my friends go home from here,
It's my turn now, it's true!
A family of my very own,
I'm coming home with you!
We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams with our sweet "waiting child". I'm so happy that she is home now and tucked snugly in her bed.
Our Waiting Child
I've watched my friends go home from here,
to their families, one by one,
Yet here I’ve stayed throughout the year,
Waiting for you to come.
I know that I'm not perfect,
Yet they tell me that I'm bright,
I just wish that you could only look,
past what is wrong, to what is right.
I've watched my friends go home from here,
I dream of how that'd feel,
A pair of loving arms to hold me,
Will this dream ever become real?
I know that I would be home by now,
If not for fears of the unknown,
Yet I have many of my own you see,
In that you're not alone.
I've watched my friends go home from here,
It's happening today,
But wait! There’s someone here for ME!
I don't know what to say.
I've watched my friends go home from here,
It's my turn now, it's true!
A family of my very own,
I'm coming home with you!
We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams with our sweet "waiting child". I'm so happy that she is home now and tucked snugly in her bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home