Happy Feet!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Audrey is out of her casts and a few pounds lighter!!!!!!!!! Today was a mixture of tears and smiles. As you know, Audrey HATES the cast saw and that part was tough! Then she was thrilled to see her shoes and giggled (with a tear hanging from her eye) Her legs and feet are very sore and it hurt when they put her shoes on because they are so tender. I tried to have her pull up...she's been trying so hard to stand in her casts, but when I lifted her up her legs went right up with her...habit I guess. Her doctor will see her again in one month and he said she may not need to wear her bar the entire three months for 23 hours a day. She may get a bit more freedom from it to learn to walk!!!!!!!!!
The tears were not all from Audrey. I cried too...Sad tears when she was sad, and tears of joy that my baby girl has reached this point in her treatment. What an emotional and WONDERFUL day! Here are some pictures...
In the waiting room...

The Demummification process...

Happy Girl...Happy Mommy! My favorite, favorite picture!

My new shoes...

Then they had to go ruin it with this stinkin bar!

We are through with those casts! No more stares in public, no more questions about how she broke her legs, and no more people telling me how WONDERFUL (or crazy) I am to have adopted a Special Needs Child. Whew!
You see, when I look at Audrey, I don't think about her feet. And when I look at both our daughters I don't notice that their eyes are almond shaped, just that they are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!
When people comment that we are a "wonderful Christian family" doing God's work to take in these orphaned girls, I know in my heart that adopting Lilli and Audrey was not our gift to God, but rather His gift to us.
And with every passing day I realize, that while Audrey's feet aren't perfect (yet!) the "Special Need" was always mine.
I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams!
The tears were not all from Audrey. I cried too...Sad tears when she was sad, and tears of joy that my baby girl has reached this point in her treatment. What an emotional and WONDERFUL day! Here are some pictures...
In the waiting room...

The Demummification process...

Happy Girl...Happy Mommy! My favorite, favorite picture!

My new shoes...

Then they had to go ruin it with this stinkin bar!

We are through with those casts! No more stares in public, no more questions about how she broke her legs, and no more people telling me how WONDERFUL (or crazy) I am to have adopted a Special Needs Child. Whew!
You see, when I look at Audrey, I don't think about her feet. And when I look at both our daughters I don't notice that their eyes are almond shaped, just that they are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!
When people comment that we are a "wonderful Christian family" doing God's work to take in these orphaned girls, I know in my heart that adopting Lilli and Audrey was not our gift to God, but rather His gift to us.
And with every passing day I realize, that while Audrey's feet aren't perfect (yet!) the "Special Need" was always mine.
I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams!

1 Comments:
We were listening for the loud shout today, but I guess We missed it. We know how you feel. Now, with Lilli's disposition and Audrey's feet, you have a complete Tyla, just in two parts. Love to you all! Mom & Dad (a/k/a Grammy & PawPaw.
Post a Comment
<< Home